Monday, November 7, 2011

Ottawa!

Well, I just got back from Ottawa last night.  Some friends and I stayed at a hostel there to experience the capital of the country we are staying in.  It was really pretty: castle-type buildings, a Parliament modeled after the English one, a lack of litter and urine on the sidewalks...basically, exactly what you would expect of a major Canadian city.

I have run into a bit of problem, though.  Whenever I appear in photographs now, I look quite pudgy.  I haven`t gained weight- it`s just that the camera adds 10 pounds, and the parka adds about 20 more.  To avoid wearing the parka would be to avoid staying warm, so I really have no choice when I`m traveling. So don`t think I`ve "let myself go" when you see the images on Facebook.

1 comment:

  1. My annual tradition is to have an unflattering picture taken of me for the school yearbook. It's followed by another tradition of my calling the yearbook coordinator to beg that she use the last year's picture of me in the final printing. Funny, I have not aged in six years. No one would think that you let yourself go. The parka actually makes a fashion statement. It says, "It's freezing up here."

    ReplyDelete