Saturday, September 24, 2011

A visit home

Well, I'm back in America for another 15 hours or so.  I'm glad I'm here, because I had forgotten why I left.  I miss you all, but seriously, Canada is great.  It's what I imagine the U.S. would be like if we had a commitment to our professed values.

But one thing America did get right is letting us eat whatever we want.  In England, the candy "Nerds" is banned.  Yes- banned!  Because it is too sweet.  So English kids have to stock up when they visit America.

Another thing we have that Europe doesn't is Halloween.  Also Thanksgiving.  So I'm looking forward to celebrating with people who aren't sick of those holidays yet, and who have never really even experienced them.  I can't wait to let y'all (the English kids love "y'all") know how the return journey goes.  Another three hours in the car and four on a bus?  Not so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment