Sunday, October 16, 2011

Hockey!

On Friday night, I went to my first Canadian hockey match.  The UQTR was playing Laurier.  Unfortunately, we arrived after the match had started (there was some confusion as to which arena we were supposed to go, and then we got very lost on our way to the correct location.)  But what we saw was quite entertaining.  Hockey is a fast-moving sport, and there is a lot of sportmanslike violence.

At the end of the match, I was a bit disappointed- no fights had broken out, and there was no blood on the ice.  I did, however, enjoy some deliciously greasy frites during halftime, so that made the players' safety a little less disappointing.

And, for all of my Upstate NY readers- I'll be coming round the mountains in a week for a visit home! Call me if you want to hang out.

6 comments:

  1. I took Doug to his very first hockey game when we were dating. It was the ONLY Amerks game I've been to with not one single fight in it. Doug thought it was boring and hasn't gone to another game since. It was actually the most boring hockey game that I ever watched so I can't blame him.
    Can't wait to see you soon!
    Love,
    Aunt Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing you, too! I`ve been missing spending time with the family.
    Love,
    Daegan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the first game I went to It was a lot of fun I went with David Good, Hannah, Heather and Dawnie, there were a few punches thrown but no blood on the ice but it was so much fun. But mom didn't care for it so I haven't been to another, maybe I can talk terry into going to one once we get the house finished.

    love ya
    heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heidi,
    How is everything going- is the house close to finished?

    You should definitely go to a game- it would be a fun (if a bit bloodthirsty) date activity :)

    Love,
    Daegan

    ReplyDelete
  5. The house is coming, slow but defiantly in progress. Hopefully we will be done by Christmas, i am so sick of eating freezer meals and take out, and doing laundry at the laundry mat, plus my dogs are in Bloomfield and I miss my babies. Yet when we are done the house is going to be beautiful! You will definitely have to come down, If you're home for New Years we have a party every year, If you and your familia wanna come :D.

    Btw, I went thru TR on my way thru a fishing trip, it was pretty neat up there but that was May and it was still cold Is it safe to say you have snow? Stay warm!!

    love ya
    heidi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I'm glad to hear that things are coming along, even if it's taking a while :) I look forward to seeing the house!

    We don't have snow yet- but I was in Rochester for NY's first snow, so it looks like I'll get to have two "first snows" of the year!

    Love
    Daegan

    ReplyDelete